- The Haunted Factory We have live actors around every corner to provide you with ghoulish frights and delights. Our haunt is indoors so weather is not a factor. Admission is $10 per person. For more information, check out our Facebook page or our website.
When: Every Friday and Saturday Night Starting: September 27 - October 31, 2019 7:00 PM (open Halloween Night)
Where: 301 Locust Street, WJ
- 3rd Annual Forklift Rodeo The event will be held on in the parking lot adjacent to Kendrick/Church Hall (formerly Beacon Hall) on the WCC campus.
When: Friday, October 4, 2019 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Where: Wiles Community College, 1328 S. Colleigiate Dr, Wilkesboro
- 22nd Annual Wine Festival Join Thistle Meadow Winery for their annual wine festival, featuring live music, food and craft vendors, and tastings from various NC wineries. Your $10 admission fee includes a 16oz souvenir tasting glass to take home. Enjoy the fall colors while you sample wines. You can even purchase wine by the glass, bottle, or case. Free parking. Bring a lawn chair or blanket to enjoy music by Poundcake Acoustic
When: Sunday, October 6, 2019 12:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Where: Thistle Meadow Winery, 102 Thistle MDW, Laurel Springs
- Festival of the Frescoes This popular, well-attended annual festival features booths by Local Artisans, delicious Bakery, Silent Auction, incredible Granny's Attic, yummy Lunch by Men's group, Activities for Children, and Tours of the Frescoes at Holy Trinity.
When: Saturday, October 12, 2019 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Where: Across from Holy Trinity Episcopal Church, 120S
- Bluegrass and BBQ Lots of good local bluegrass and old time music, Bbq, cake walks, dancing and a silent auction. All proceeds benefit the ASHE County Heart Fund. For more information call Jackie at 336-877-0661.
When: Saturday, October 12, 2019 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Where: 16 Hands Farm, 841 Bald Mountain Rd, WJ
- Festival of Arts and Crafts There will be arts, crafts, and music! You don't want to miss it!
When: Friday, October 18, 2019 12:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Where: St. Francis of Assisi Catholic Church, 167 St. Francis Place, Jefferson
- Bonfire Family Night This event is a Fundraiser for the benefit of: The NEST Alliance and Camp New Hope. There will be a LIVE band, bonfire, s'mores, hot dog roast, and food vendors. $5 advance ticketing and $8 at the door. Kids 3 and under are free. Starts at 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm. Fun night for the entire family and helping two non-profits at the same time. See you on the NEW!!
When: Saturday, October 19, 2019 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Where: Zaloo's Canoes, 3874 NC HWY 16 S., Jefferson
- Jeff Little Trio With a few exceptions, the piano does not play a prominent part in Appalachian music but Jeff Little is a remarkable exception. Joining Jeff will be banjo champion Steve Lewis and Luke Little on mandolin.
When: Saturday, October 19, 2019 7:30 PM - 9:30 PM
Where: Ashe Civic Center, 962 Mount Jefferson Rd, WJ
- West Jefferson Annual Holiday Parade Start your winter holidays off right in downtown West Jefferson! There will be high school bands, floats, and the big man himself: Santa Claus!!
When: Saturday, November 16, 2019 3:00 PM - 4:30 PM
Where: Downtown West Jefferson
- Old Crow Medicine Show They started busking on street corners in 1998 in New York state and up through Canada, winning audiences along the way with their boundless energy and spirit. They eventually found themselves in Boone, NC, where they caught the attention of folk icon Doc Watson while playing in front of a pharmacy.
When: Sunday, November 17, 2019 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Where: Schaefer Center for the Performing Arts, 733 River Street, Boone, NC
- Wreath Decorating for the WHOLE Family Bring the grandma, baby Jo and the rest of the gang to decorate local evergreen wreaths for the holidays! Each family member can decorate a wreath to their liking, take it home and enjoy it throughout the holidays.
Make some wonderful family memories during the 2019 holiday season! Hot coco and cookies provided.
Wreath prices beginning at $30 each for a 24" wreath
RESERVATIONS REQUIRED! 828.278.9831
When: Friday, November 29, 2019 - December 1, 2019 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Where: New River Escape Barn and Guest House, 181 Railroad Grade Road, Fleetwood
- Annual Hometown Christmas Start your Christmas off with us in West Jefferson at our official lighting of the community Christmas tree with Santa, carolers, and hot chocolate. Great fun for the whole family!
When: Friday, November 29, 2019 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM
Where: West Jefferson Backstreet Park