- Bus Stop Ashe County Little Theatre presents the play Bus Stop. The award winning script by William Inge explores what happens when a bus gets snowbound in a small town in Kansas. Tickets are $16 adults and $5 students.
When: Friday, April 6, 2018 - Sunday, April 8, 2018 Friday & Saturday 7:30 PM Sunday 2:00 PM
Where: Ashe Civic Center, 962 Mt. Jefferson Road
- Ashe County Farmers Market OPENING DAY! The Ashe County Farmers Market sells local produce, nursery plants, jellies, cakes, breads, handmade items and more.
When: Saturday, April 14, 2018 8:00 AM - 1:00 PM (April thru October)
Where: Backstreet of West Jefferson
- Showcase Concert Ola Belle Reed Songwriter's Retreat: As a culminating event for the Ola Belle Reed Song Writer's Retreat there will be a Showcase Concert on Sunday afternoon with instructors Cathy Fink, Sam Gleaves and Claire Lynch and will also feature the songwriting material of the retreat participants.
When: Sunday, April 15, 2018 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM Admission to the concert is $10.00.
Where: Ashe Civic Center 962 Mount Jefferson Road
- Spring Fest The annual Spring Fest returns to Ashe County. Hands on art activities, face painting, art displays, festival food, talent show and more! Free and open to the public!
When: Saturday, April 21, 2018 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Where: Ashe Early Learning Center, 409-499 School Avenue, West Jefferson
- The Rivers Edge Join a Ranger on a gentle hike along the New River at the 221 access to learn about were the water meets the land.
When: Saturday, April 21, 2018 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Where: New River State Park, 221 Access Lower Parking Lot
- Artifacts Fundraiser Artifacts is the annual Arts Council fundraiser with donations accepted Wednesday-Friday April 25-27 at the Early Learning Center. Friday Night Preview Party and Sale will be at 7-9pm with a $5 admission.
When: Saturday Sale, April 28, 2018 8:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Where: Early Learning Center, 406 School Avenue, West Jefferson
- Tree Identification Hike Join Park staff in learning how to identify common trees of New River State Park. The leaves will finally be "leafing out" along the one mile Fern Nature trail at the Wagoner Access of New River State Park. Meet at the Park office at 2 pm. Bring binoculars for spotting leaves and Spring tree dwellers.
When: Saturday, April 28, 2018 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM (?)
Where: Wagoner Access
- Ashe Dash 5K - Supporting Ashe School Based Health Center AppHealthCare (Appalachian District Health Department) is planning a 5K Family, Fun and Community Run. 100% of the proceeds goes to supporting the Ashe County Middle School Top Dog Clinic. We invite you to walk, run or be a sleep-in supporter for the event!
When: Saturday, May 5, 2018 7:30 AM - 10:15 AM
Where: Ashe County Health Department
- Hank and My Honky Tonk Heroes Nostalgic look at Hank Williams and his influence on country music performed by Obie Award-winning singer/actor Jason Petty who brings Hank’s music back to life paying tribute to artists such as Jimmie Rodgers, Roy Acuff, Ernest Tubb and The Carter Family. A must-see for all country music fans! Tickets are $22 adults and $5 students. Call 336-846-2787 for more information.
When: Saturday, May 5, 2018 7:30 PM - 9:30 PM
Where: Ashe Civic Center, 962 Mount Jefferson Road
- Trout Rodeo Breakfast: 7:00am, fishing, 8:00am-3:00pm, $10 ages 12-up, $8 ages 6-11, FREE ages 5-under (with paid adult). No fishing license required. Food, prizes, music, and silent auction. Adult biggest prize: $150, kid biggest prize: $100 (11-under)! Rain or shine.
When: Saturday, May 12, 2018 7:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Where: Pond Mtn Volunteer Fire Department, 6038 Joines Road, Creston
- High Country Wrangler Roundup Calling on all Jeepers! Help us celebrate "go topless day" and Armed Forces Day in grand fashion! Support our High Country community during this family friendly event! You can register and bring your Jeep Wranglers old or new, stock or built, clean or plum covered in mud, soft top or hard. There will be a group ride through the area, trophies, displays, vendors, give-a-ways, and food/drink! Money raised goes to the High Country Salvation Army.
When: Saturday, May 19, 2018 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Where: WalMart SuperCenter, 1489 Mount Jefferson Road, West Jefferson
- Celebrating Applachia! Join Appalachian Memory Keepers for the FREE premiere of their two new films: Remembering the Creeper & Back When Stories: The Dewey Cox House. Includes live music, great conversation, T-Shirts, and Original Art. Limited seating. Donations gratefully accepted. Learn more about AMK at http://appalachianmemorykeepers.org.
When: Saturday, May 19, 2018 1:00 PM - 2:30 PM
Where: Parkway Theater, 10 E Main Street, West Jefferson
- Appalachian Worship Nights Pastor Steve Ashley welcomes you to join Appalachian Church for Appalachian Worship Nights with The Calvary Reflections. The Calvary Reflections are a local favorite bluegrass gospel group and we would love for you to be our guest. Admission is free, donations are welcome for local missions.
When: Saturday, May 19, 2018 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM
Where: Appalachian Church, 203 E. 1st Street, West Jefferson
- Ashe Community Singers A springtime concert presented by the Ashe Community Singers will be on Friday evening, May 25 at 7:30pm at the Ashe Civic Center. The repertoire will be a mix of classical, contemporary, sacred and popular music. The chorus is under the direction of Bob Zahner with accompanist Sylvia Zahner. The event will be free and open to the public. For more information please call 336-846-2787.
When: Friday, May 25, 2018 7:30 PM - 9:00 PM
Where: Ashe Civic Center, 962 Mount Jefferson Road, West Jefferson
- "The Connie" Dedication Come and celebrate the heritage of the Virginia Creeper Train and it’s impact on Ashe County. Connie will serve as an attraction for Ashe County and West Jefferson and will be another reason to visit our quaint and vibrant area. It will be a symbol of the origins of West Jefferson and will celebrate the 60 plus years that the Virginia Creeper Railway was part of our county history. 11:30am: Pre-celebration with music, clogging, free drinks and popcorn. 12:30pm: Caboose Dedication!
When: Saturday, May 26, 2018 11:30 AM - 1:00 PM
Where: The Caboose Park, Back Street, West Jefferson