- Saturday with Santa The Ashe County Arts Council will sponsor a visit by Santa and Mrs. Claus just for the chCOunildren. Santa will be available for photos. Mrs. Claus’ Kitchen will be open with stories and there will be an arts and crafts table and milk and cookies. Children will receive a book and holiday gift bag. Space is limited and reservations are encouraged.
When: Saturday, December 1, 2018 8:30 AM - 11:30 AM
Where: Ashe Arts Center, 303 School Avenue, West Jefferson
- Ashe County Farmers Holiday Market Come to the Farmers Market for our special Holiday Editions! Handmade and homegrown gifts, great way to start your holidays and Christmas shopping!
When: Saturday, December 1, 2018 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Where: Ashe County Farmers Market, 108 Backstreet, West Jefferson
- Gary Poe Live Radio Show The Ashe Civic Center will play host to the Old Time Music and Bluegrass show with Gary Poe will broadcast live from the stage of the Ashe Civic Center. The featured band for the Saturday morning radio show will be the Sons of the South.
When: Saturday, December 1, 2018, 11:00 AM
Where: Ashe Civic Center
- The Joyous Sounds of Christmas The Joyous Sounds of Christmas will again be heard in the sanctuary of the West Jefferson United Methodist Church. Sacred and secular music of the season will be performed by the combined choirs of Mt Jefferson Presbyterian, First Baptist, and West Jefferson United Methodist.
When: Sunday, December 2, 2018 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM.
Where: West Jefferson United Methodist Church, 107 W. 2nd Street, West Jefferson
- Ashe County Choral Festival Choral music is alive and well in our schools and the Ashe County Choral Festival will showcase the talent of our young people. The Ashe County Arts Council and the Ashe County Schools are pleased to sponsor a Ashe County Choral Festival. All five schools will have a chorus participating.
When: Tuesday, December 4, 2018 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Where: Ashe County High School
- Nashville Celts: Christmas with the Celts Christmas with The Celts isn’t just a concert; it is a celebration of the holiday spirit, people, community and common connections. It’s about bringing young and old together to celebrate this special time of year. Show producer Ric Blair says, “You can't listen to Celtic music and not be happy. It is a music of the people." Tickets $40 general admission, $47 VIP (limited seating) - all tickets include a pasta supper.
When: Sunday, December 16, 2018 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Where: Blueridge Theater and Event Center, 9331 NC Hwy 16, West Jefferson
- Ding-a-Lings Holiday Handbell Concert A concert of Christmas selections will be presented by the Adult Handbell Choir of Bethany Methodist Church.The community is invited to enjoy this unique musical program including favorite selections including "Silent Night" and "Rudolph, the Red Nosed Reindeer". The choir is under the direction of Jane Lonon. Free and open to the community.
When: Sunday, December 16, 2018 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Where: Bethany United Methodist Church, 495 Hwy 194 S, West Jefferson